From the fullness of his grace we have received one blessing after another. John 1:16

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Week 4: Meal Plans

I recommend using organic fruits and veggies, and of course, meat from Off the Farm Food Co-Op:)

Day 1: BLT's

Love me some simple meals with easy clean up. Plus my kids LOVE bacon!


Day 2: Pulled Pork (2 days)

I love this easy recipe from Pioneer Woman:

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/08/spicy-shredded-pork/

The first night we like to do street tacos. Load the pork up into corn tortillas and squeeze lime juice all over. We like to serve with guacamole and pico de gallo.


Day 3: Pulled Pork (Cont.)

BBQ sandwiches with left over pulled pork. We like to have with potato chips :)


Day 4: Stuffed Bell Peppers

Here is a link from Simply Love Food:

http://simplylovefood.blog.com/2012/02/25/southwestern-stuffed-peppers/

We like to use beef and add shrimp. I usually toss in some veggies I have in the fridge as well!


Day 5: Herb Crusted Chicken over Noodles

Here is the recipe from Our Kind of Love. Not going to lie, I haven't tried this yet, however, I am always up for new things to turn into my own.

http://hopeandjohnbasher.blogspot.com/2012/05/herb-crusted-chicken-in-basil-cream.html


Day 6: Salad and Baked Potatoes

One of my all time favorite meals!!  I love baked potatoes and I love salad (with ranch all over it...and cheese...lots of cheddar cheese).

I usually add some meat to Lewis'. Whatever is in the fridge left over will be good, esp the pork. I also like to add turkey like Spring Creek BBQ does. So delish and easy!  Make sure you use real butter in those potatoes. You need some fat with all those carbs. You can also cook up some bacon and top the potato and salad for some protein!

No comments:

Post a Comment