From the fullness of his grace we have received one blessing after another. John 1:16

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Week 2: Meal Plans


I recommend using organic fruits and veggies and of course grass fed beef and pastured chicken from Off the Farm Food Co-Op!

Day 1:

Chicken Caesar Salad Wraps and a side of fruit

I bake the chicken like this:

Line bottom of baking dish with foil. Spread some Italian Dressing on the foil. Put chicken on the foil and cover with more Italian Dressing. Cover chicken completely with foil. Bake for 45 minutes on 350.

When the chicken is done, I fry for a few minutes with olive oil.

Mix with Caesar Dressing, put on tortilla, and add loads of organic salad mix and some cheese if you want.

Day 2:

Hamburgers and Fries

We really like Rachel Ray's Patty Melts:

http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/

If you like, you can do sweet potato fries; here are some from Cookie + Kate:

http://cookieandkate.com/2010/baked-sweet-potato-fries/


Day 3:

Salmon, Brussels sprouts, and quinoa

We like to spread honey mustard over the salmon and bake at 450 until it is cooked through.

Here is how to make honey mustard:

Combine 1 part raw, unfiltered honey and 1 part mustard. Add a little mayo (not much).

Try these spicy Brussels sprouts from Melissa's:

http://www.melissas.com/Recipes/Recipes/Side-Dishes/Spicy-Oven-Roasted-Brussels-Sprouts.aspx

And for the quinoa, this is from Ambitious Kitchen:

Bring 1 1/2 cups of water with garlic salt to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat to low, add quinoa and cover; simmering until all liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and let stand another 5-10 minutes. Fluff the quinoa with a fork.


Day 4:

Meatloaf-I know, I know...Meatloaf? I can't help it, I love it. Although I typically make my mom's recipe, here is one from Who Needs a Cape?:

http://whoneedsacape.com/2012/10/veggied-meatloaf/

I would use carrots and serve with mashed potatoes and steamed peas!


Day 5:

Omelets

Fill with tons of veggies (mushrooms, onions, olives, tomatoes) and some whole milk cheddar cheese


Day 6:

BBQ Chicken, salad, and squash and zucchini

I like to grill or bake my chicken. If you are baking, use the same method as above, take out with about 10 minutes left, cover with bbq sauce and continue to cook until done.


No comments:

Post a Comment